Wednesday, November 5, 2008

IVF#3 - Lupron

I just got the email from my IVF nurse and I'm to start lupron injections and dex tonight. I will take these all the way to trigger. OMG, here I go! Gosh, what a mind shift...

I'm also doing chiro 3x and acupuncture 2x a week to resolve my low uterine bloodflow.

Two differences with CCRM over my local clinic:
1. They insist that the Lupron is name brand, local uses generic.
2. They use Dexamethosone, local does not. This prevents the excess secretion of male hormones from the adrenal gland.

This little tiny vial costs $497 and it's only a quarter filled, can you believe it? Fortunately because it has many other uses, my insurance paid for it and I only had to pay a $25 copay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill