Friday, November 28, 2008

IVF#3 - FSH Day 11 Monitoring / Trigger

Today was a GOOD day!!! I got off the Kingda Ka and jumped on this one. I would be completely thrilled to stay on this one for the rest of the process.


I was so nervous at today’s u/s. I watched the screen intently watching the sizes flash on the screen. Within a minute I was able to take a deep breath and relax, my follies had grown and even made up for lost time. After my u/s, I talked to my nurse and asked her if I made the right decision to delay the trigger and she said with full confidence “Absolutely!!!”. That made me feel so much better. After seeing my follie sizes, I knew it is definitely time to trigger now. I asked her if I would tonight and she said we would have to wait and see what my e2 was. This made me a little nervous because if I don’t trigger tonight, my follies will be over mature.

I was due for my morning shot while talking to my nurse but I was out of Menopur. She went and got a vial of Repronex which is very similar to Menopur and said she would give me the injection. I didn’t realize until she started making the injection that it was a big intramuscular shot, yikes! She had me bend over and gave it in my hip.


Next I went to my 4th and final electro-acup appt.


The ccrm call always comes in around 3pm. But today, it didn't come till 5p. I was on pins and needles waiting to see if I would trigger tonight and it seemed like an eternity for that stupid phone to ring. It was the same nurse that I freaked out on yesterday. She started giving me instructions and wasn't saying anything about triggering. I was praying I wouldn't have to freak out on her because they weren't going to trigger me. Finally she said the magic words, we're triggering you tonight. Hallelujah!!!

I trigger tonight at 10:45p. Kerry will be giving me this honkin shot in the hip, our nurse gave him a target.


Here's my complete results from today (day 11):

E2: 5519 (up from 3896 yesterday, yikes!!!)
LH: 1.1
P4: 0.79
Lining: 9-10mm
Follies: 14.9, 15.5, 16.3, 17.5, 17.9, 18.3, 18.7, 19.3, 19.4, 20.0, 20.8, 22.7

CCRM is pretty concerned about my high e2 and are going to be watching me closely. They don't like it to go over 4000. I go in tomorrow morning for a blood draw to see how much my e2 goes up after trigger. Last cycle I went over 9000. My egg retrieval is Sun @ 9:45a. I will go in for an u/s on Monday to make sure I don't fill up with fluid. If they feel I'm at too great of a risk for OHSS, they will force me to do a freeze all cycle. This means they would freeze all my embryos and send me home. I would have to come back another cycle for a frozen embryo transfer.

After 3 cycles and having my e2 go out of control on all, I think I have proven that I am definitely not a poor responder despite my high fsh. It's frustrating that it took 3 cycles for them to come to this conclusion.

Thank you so much for hanging in there through all my ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill