Saturday, May 9, 2009

IVF#4 - We're Here!

In Denver that is. Smooth flight, great rental car and nice hotel room.

Alamo has a great rental car deal on their website. You can check in online and then when you arrive, you just go straight to the lane that contains your car type, pick which one you want and then drive out, key is already in the ignition. All you have to do is show them your confirmation and license at the exit. No membership required, no dealing with constant upgrade attempts at the counter! Kerry and I were trying out all different makes/models, you would have thought we were there to buy a car.

Before we left the lot, it was injection time. You know you're a die-hard IVF addict when you shoot up at the Alamo! My husband had me belly laughing so hard, not fun with a needle stuck in your belly. I can't believe I'm going to share this video, but what the heck.



No humans were harmed in the making of this video. =)

Tomorrow morning is my first monitoring visit. I'm pretty sure something's cooking as I can feel it. I'll post tomorrow as soon as I have all the results.

Thanks everyone for rooting me on!

8 comments:

  1. OMG...you had ME belly laughing just watching you!!!

    I will ALWAYS "root you on" girlfriend......

    Can't wait to check on your progress!

    love you lots !

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Root,Root for the home team!!!!!!!
    Sure glad no one was hurt in that video, looks bad.
    Anxiously waiting an update report.
    Love you bunches,
    Jean and Crew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of going to CHR (NY) or CCRM (CO)...so tell me, how do you get a cheap flight at the last minute? IVF is expensive enough, and I am worrying about the additional travel costs, especially considering the uncertainty as to dates (been thru this 3x before).

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was howling!!! You two are so funny and it is pretty cute that you can find the humour in the situation :). They do say that laughter is good so keep smiling! Good luck with everything and keep the updates coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was too cute. I like how Kerry can critique your technique...he clearly knows a thing or two or one million about giving shots, huh?

    Glad you made it and hope the ultrasounds go great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jill,

    Just wanted to say hello and let you know I've stumbled upon your blog. Had a great time last night reading up on your journey. I'm a high-FSHer, too. Three IUIs and five IVFs under my belt... nothing but an ectopic nightmare to show for it. I'm in the same boat with you. Love your style, your relationship with Kerry... I'll be posted to follow how this attempt unfolds. Wishing the very, very best. You've been through the ringer and deserve to win. Hoping peace finds you.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it to Denver safely. Thanks for sharing the fun video. Here's wishing you a fantastic cycle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill