Tuesday, April 29, 2008

IVF#1 - Progesterone!

It's progesterone time! The top syringe is for drawing up the thick oil, it's much bigger that it appears here in this pic. The bottom syringe contains the smaller needle for injection.



Here are the targets that the clinic drew on my booty.


So my clinic tells us to watch the progesterone injection video on their website to review how to give it. We watch it and as soon as they dart the needle in, I yell "Oh God!" and about fall off the bed. Advice for you future IVFers, just have your hubby watch the video, you don't want to see it. I numbed with Lidocaine for 2 hrs and iced for 15 mins. I lean over the bed, hubby touches the area and I flip out, jump up and tell him to get the needle away from me. My face starts heating up and I'm in total panic mode. Now hubby is terrified because he doesn't want to hurt me. I lay on the bed and he practices hitting the area with the needle cap still on. Then I bury my face and tell him to just get it over with. Next thing I know, his hand leaves the area and I look at him having no clue if he still needs to give the injection or is done. He was done, and I didn't feel a thing! All that panic for nothing! Now I just need my heart to stop racing.

On another note, the pain meds wore off a couple of hours ago and I'm feeling quite achy and walking around like an old lady. I'm like one level away from taking that pain pill, but I'm not much of a pill popper, so I'm going to try and tough it out. But if you saw my dining room table, you would think I have a major drug problem. Hey, weren't we just saying that maybe if we chew bcps and shoot up, we'd get pregnant? I wonder if this counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill