Saturday, April 19, 2008

IVF#1 - FSH Day 1

Today I add in the FSH (Bravelle) and LH (Menopur) while continuing the lupron, so that's 4 injections a day. These will stimulate my ovaries to produce multiple follicles while the lupron keeps me from ovulating.

This is one dose worth for a total of 300iu.

I prepared well for these injections. I let the lidocaine sit on each side of my stomach for 1.5 hrs and then iced right before. Hubby said he'd be down in 5 mins to give them to me. I wanted to surprise him and have them done by time he came down, but chickened out. I'm determined to do it myself again. I now can't believe how brave I was on the first one. Well, I'm so happy to report that today was a good injection day!!! Lupron was first and I didn't feel anything until the very last bit of liquid, and it still wasn't too bad. Next was the FSH/LH. I was a little nervous and held my breath because the needle is a little bigger and the amount of liquid is quite a bit more. It was a piece of cake, didn't feel anything!!!! I don't know if it was the massive numbing I did, but I'm just so happy and soooo relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill