Friday, April 18, 2008

IVF#1 - Beehive in a Bottle!

Last night (my 2nd injection) was awful! I just couldn’t do it, I held the needle there for about 5-10 mins until I was traumatized over it. I don’t know if it was because I didn’t use the numbing cream or what, but I just could not inject it. Kerry insisted on doing it for me and it took me a little bit to allow him to because I was so worked up over it. I closed my eyes and turned the radio on. I didn’t feel the needle but once he started pushing the liquid in, it was bad, felt like I walked into a beehive. Then he tried to rub my belly with his hand and I about came unglued as it stung so bad. I cried and didn’t sleep well. I hate Lupron and I got at least 11 more days of it. I wonder if I'm having a reaction to it as I don't see others experiencing near as much pain. Bring on the wimp cream!

This morning, I put the wimp cream on my upper arm and Kerry injected for me an hour later. The needle was fine, but again, the stinging was so bad!!! I didn't think I would be feeling this through the lidocaine. I feel like the lidocaine only numbs the surface. I had blood running down my arm with this one.

So much for this getting easier! I'm so NOT brave! I just keep telling myself, it will all be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill