Monday, December 8, 2008

IVF#3 - Snow Baby

I can't believe I have a whole week to go till beta, torture I tell ya!!!! I've been frustrated because I've been feeling great, but within the last hour I've been feeling mildly crampy, wahoo!

I just called the lab regarding my remaining embryos and I had one PERFECT day 6 embryo frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have a backup or a future sibling!!!

For those that like the details...

This embryo came from the first batch, nothing made it from the second batch. Here's the stats on this embryo:
Day 2: 3-cell grade 4-
Day 3: 6-cell grade 4-
Day 5: early blast
Day 6: 4AA blast

The 4 is the development stage of the blast, which in this case is the stage right before it hatches out of its shell. The first A is the grade of the inner cells that will become the fetus. The second A is the grade of the outer cells that will become the placenta.

OMG, I am so excited I don't quite know what to do with myself!!!! I finally got a blast!!!!!!! This gives me even more hope for the embryos that are inside me since they were the best of the bunch!

They also used the new vitrification process instead of cryopreservation which has a near 100% thaw success rate.

I did have one other blast but they discarded it because it was 4BC. =(

AHHHHHHHHHH, someone just knock me out already, I'm too happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill