Saturday, July 19, 2008

IVF#2 - FSH Day 8 Monitoring

Today was my third monitoring visit. I have some good and bad news this time. Here's the results:

Right: 10, 13, 13, 14.5, 15, 15.5, 17
Left: 10.5, 11.5, 12, 12, 13.5, 13.5, 15.5, 16.5

So that is the good news, I have 15 measurable follies plus some less than 10 that they didn't bother counting as they won't have time to catch up.

Lining: 7.8mm (down from 8.5mm, that has to be an error!)

Here's the bad news:

E2: 4385!!!! (up from 1742) This is NOT good! This jumped big time and is now higher than IVF#1. This was something that we were all hoping would not happen again. They don't want it to be over 4000 at trigger time and I still have a couple of days to go, so it's going to get much higher. As a side note, trigger is an hcg hormone injection that causes your follies to fully mature and be ready for retrieval. They have no choice but to keep me going as the follies need more time to mature. This puts me at risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS), but because I didn't get this last time with an E2 of 6867 at trigger, hopefully I can escape it again. That's not what I'm worried about though, my concern is that excessively high E2 levels are detrimental to implantation. So even if I have perfect embryos transfered, there's a risk that my uterine lining will not be receptive to them implanting. One option is to go forward with egg retrieval, freeze all the fertilized embryos and then do a frozen embryo transfer next cycle when all my hormone levels are back to normal. This is a risk as well as frozen embryos have a lower chance of surviving than fresh. I'm going to talk to my RE Monday and see what she thinks. Our prayer is that we have enough embryos to go forward with this cycle and a few to freeze as a backup. Last time we only had one embryo to work with.

They are lowering my stim dose again by a small amount.
From: 150 Gonal am / 75 Menopur pm
To: 75 Gonal am / 75 Menopur pm

I go back for another monitoring visit Monday morning. Hopefully my follies will be big enough by then for trigger. My ovaries are becoming quite achy and I'm having to slow down. I'm trying to remain positive, hopeful, and trust in God, but honestly I'm scared to death. I just want to be a mom, why does this have to be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill