- Changing this child's diaper takes a village! All he wants to do is flip over the entire time. I flip him back and he flips again. Sometimes the art of distraction works by giving him a toy, other times not. Anyone out there face this and found something to work? Please share! In the meantime, I've become quite proficient at putting his diaper on backwards. I lay the front of the diaper down, put him over it on his belly and wrapped the tabs around him.
- This child hates shoes, slippers, socks, anything that touches his feet. It's cold, his feet are cold and I can't keep anything on them.
- He bit my nipple twice, I yelped quite loudly, he jumped, he cried. Oh how I'm dreading his teeth coming in! Thankfully he only did this during 1 nursing session and hasn't done it since.
- He crawled 2 steps to get to the tv remote but hasn't done it since. Soon enough!
- He completely surprised me by going from all fours to sitting on his hip. He can't get to a full sitting position yet. Kerry calls it putting up his kickstand.
This week he had pears (loved), green beans (gagged) and green beans mixed with breastmilk (liked). As far as the amount we give him, we're letting him lead the way. He turns his head and stops opening his mouth when he's done. We started with 1 tbsp a day and now he's up to 1oz once a day.
He's learning how to push but when it's without results we give him a break from solids. When he goes, we slowly start the solids back up again. I've seen other babies go 2-3 weeks without pooping and that just can't be healthy. He didn't go for 4 days, that was long enough for me. Changing his diet to all non-constipating foods this week did help some. I'm really glad we didn't start with cereals now since they are very constipating.
This week in photos: