- This child will not co-sleep with us! We've tried numerous times. We go to bed, let him nurse and try to snuggle with him. All he wants to do is yell, stand and play. Even if I can get him to lay down, he fusses the entire time. I've tried waiting him out, he out lasts me. I give up and take him back to his crib because I need some sleep. He's out cold as soon as his head hits the crib mattress, so he's clearly tired. I know this is the opposite problem most people have, but I miss my little guy sleeping next to me! =((( For those of you co-sleeping with your baby who refuses to sleep in their crib, give them a big squeeze and really enjoy them.
- He's a tosser just like his mama. Every time I look at the monitor he's in a completely different position. It makes my life a little less stressful as it seems every time I wonder if he's still ok because I haven't seen him move in awhile, he'll roll over. I then say thanks Tyler!
- He now understands the edge of the bed. Before he continued crawling as if the bed just kept going. I of course had him tethered by the ankle. Now he'll stop right at the edge, look over and then try to spiderman down. Now I just need him to understand that he's no super hero and wouldn't slide down nice and slowly solo. It's stressful because he wouldn't hesitate to give it a try on his own.
- We introduced him to acorn squash and it was a hit! I introduced kale to his mixed veggie puree and he didn't seem to notice. He refused banana again.
- Eating just got messier. He now sucks on his fingers after each bite and then rubs them all over his face.
- I believe he has truly weaned himself from his paci. He has no interest in it when I hand it to him. He even refused it when he was crying super hard in the church nursery. That was just way too easy. I kinda miss it, it was a really nice calming device.
- He starting dancing. He sways and bounces to his toy's music. It's no surprise considering how much we dance with this boy.
- He really loves his music. When he gets fussy during playtime, his Tyler CD almost always fixes the fussies.
- He clearly knows the word milk as well as the sign. While playing with his toys, he continually ignored me despite trying everything to get his attention, until I said milk. He yelled, ditched his toy, climbed on my lap and tried to nurse through my shirt. We laughed so hard.
- Last week he started saying mum, mom and mama, but I wasn't completely sure if he knew what he was saying. I now definitely believe he does. He looks me right in the eyes and calls me mom and says it when he's really wanting me. He hasn't call anyone else mom. Kerry always hoped he would say mama before dada after all I had to go through and then all the sleepless nights. Now that he has, Kerry says to him "you Tyler, me Dada" all the time. Tyler just squawks and giggles.
- He's not much of a snuggler as he never sits still, but boy is he a hugger. He reaches for me all the time and as soon as I pick him up, he wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes. If he can't reach my neck, he steps into my hand and pushes himself up.
- He can now climb to the top of the stairs and at a pretty good pace. I'm working with him on how to get back down safely.
- He can now go straight from sitting to standing without pulling up on something.
- I had my first dream since pregnancy, at least one that I was aware of. I guess it's been that long since I've fallen asleep deep enough to dream.
- We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary!
- Tall Dude celebrated his 45th birthday!
Shockingly he never once tried to take them off.