- He turned 8 months old on February 23! He adorably stuck his tongue out in every single pic I took. Here's a few:
- He loves actions where we go out of his view and reappear in a different location. He thinks it's hilarious.
- He loves door stoppers. Here's a video of it:
- We put him in the grocery cart seat for the first time. He thought it was pretty cool.
- He's a great little shopping buddy. He loves walking along the grab bars while mommy tries on clothes.
- His new favorite thing to do is open doors, over and over again. He doesn't mess with anything inside (yet!), just opens, sticks his head in to take a peek, closes and repeats.
- We introduced a new veggie medley, mixed carrots/spinach/broccoli and he loved it!
In other news, our little guy experienced his very first illness this week. It started off with what seemed like the common cold, just some coughing and sneezing. After a few days, the congestion came in and the poor little guy had to learn how to breath through his mouth. He was happy all day but miserable and very needy at night. I rocked him to sleep at every nap/bed time. He had no interest in solids and wanted to nurse constantly. I nursed 14-16x a day. It didn't matter to him that he had to strain to breath through a congested nose, there was nothing going to stop him from nursing.
After about 5 days of this, it became apparent this was more than a cold as he started sounding wheezy/rumbly, so I made him a doctor appt. He was diagnosed with RSV and a double ear infection. I did not expect that. She said that Nashville is getting hit hard with RSV and believes it could be related to all the flooding we had last year. He weighed 16 lbs 11oz.
I desperately ordered the NoseFrida. It is amazing and is a must have for every parent of an infant!!! It was unreal how much and how well we were able to clear him out. He screamed bloody murder and it definitely takes two people, but he was so happy and relieved afterwards.
Within 24 hrs, he was so much better. Within a couple of days, all symptoms were gone. The natural approach worked beautifully. I love our pedi!
Here's hoping for another long stretch of perfect health. Whew, I thought I knew what exhaustion was, but I sure do now!