- He apparently loves to toss items into receptacles! He puts our phones in his hamper, the nanny's keys in the garbage and random objects like a trackball and nursing pads in the toilet.
- He experienced his 1st set of scrapped knees. Kerry tried to hold his hand while walking down a sidewalk, Tyler yanked his hand away and fell to his knees. Displaying a little independence?
- He wants what he can't have and is starting to develop a little temper. I am so ordering Happiest Toddler on the Block!
- Running errands with just Tyler and myself has become quite challenging. He's fine as long as I keep moving, but if I need to stop and pick something out, which is a frequent requirement of shopping, he gets very antsy. He wants out of his stroller, he wants to be held, he wants down, he wants to run and knock things off of shelves. I of course just go into the mode of doing anything to keep him from throwing a wing ding. I hand him random (safe) items off the shelves hoping to gain 10 seconds to pick out a product. One time I handed him a big pair of women's sunglasses and I couldn't help but laugh when I turned back around and found him staring at me with a huge grin and the glasses on! Needless to say, errands take forever, or require frequent short trips, or better yet, I make Kerry go with me.
- He knows how to get off the bed by himself. He crawls to the edge, rotates a half turn and slides off feet first.
- His favorite song is the abc song. He has a Leapfrog Leaptop that plays about 10 songs. He pushes the music button until it gets to the abc song, let's it play, then pushes the button again until it gets back to that song. We now sing this to him during diaper changes, he goes from impossible to change to holding still and smiling. Who would have ever thought that the abc song had such a lullaby affect!
- He tried a few new foods this week; lentils (thumbs down), lima beans (thumbs up), and his first meat, organic free-range chicken breast (big thumbs up!)
- We took him to the pool for the first time and he LOVED it!
It amazes me how one little person can be soooooo much work all the while never ceasing to say, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I've found the saying "children are the hardest job you will ever have, but the most rewarding" to be spot on! I love this little guy more than I could have ever imagined.
This week in photos:
This week in video: