- He loves his crib toys! I just recently added these and wish I would have sooner. He takes to naps so much better now because he'll play until he drifts off. They don't seem to have the same impact upon wakeup, he wants boob immediately and could care less about the toys.
- He loves remotes so much that I bought him his very own fake remote. It looks so real that my MIL tried to use it on the tv. We keep it with our other remotes so we can hand him his when he's determined to get a hold of ours.
- He's trying really hard to crawl. He takes one step with his hand, loses his balance and slides to his tummy. On a rare occasion, he manages to get a couple of steps in.
- He loves playing airplane.
- He loves his gums being brushed with his gum stimulator.
This week he had carrots (loved), green beans (liked), mixed green beans/carrots (loved), pears (loved), butternut squash (loved!!!) and apples (dry heaved).
At Tyler's request, we've bumped up his servings from 1 to 2oz and also from once to twice a day. He does not like cold or room temp food, so I warm everything up in a glass jar in the bottle warmer.
Like most babies, Tyler doesn't like his faced cleaned, but as long as we wash his tongue while washing his face, he loves it.
He's still not pooping as often as I'd like, but when he does, wowser! It's very different from breastmilk poo. Goodbye runny poo, hello turds! It pretty much resembles what he ate and is very colorful. He pooped carrots the other day and it stained his butt orange. The smell, not so friendly. I know, that was way more than you ever wanted to know. It was just a shock for me as I've been so used to nothing but breastmilk poo for 6 months.
I've been making all of his baby food. It's really easy thanks to the Beaba BabyCook. It steams, purees, thaws and reheats all in one. I haven't used it to thaw/reheat yet, but the steam/puree feature is great. Highly recommended.
This is the first time I've cooked butternut squash. It makes a great first food as it purees so buttery smooth. It looks and kinda tastes like sweet potato. It's Tyler's current favorite.