- He's falling a lot from trying to pull himself up on everything. We've had to resort to rocking him to sleep to keep him from hurting himself in his crib.
- He grabs onto Kerry's leg hair and tries to pull himself up. Kerry yells in pain. I can't help but get a big kick out of it.
- He can now sit unassisted. He loves sitting on his feet.
- He started crawling!!!
- Dressing this kiddo is a challenge to say to least. All he wants to do is flip over and crawl away. Regular clothing (separate top and bottom) have become a must. The less snaps and zippers the better.
- We had to put a bed rail on our bed to protect him when he sleeps with us. He wakes up and climbs all over us.
- He loves clasping his hands together.
- He had his first bath in the real tub.
- He's cutting his first tooth on the bottom! He's more fussy and not sleeping as well, but no fever or drooling. He bit my nipple once with that new tooth and it wasn't too pleasant.
- His hair is growing in fast, but still a long ways to go. There's actually enough hair now to stick up and have bed head. Doesn't he look like a cabbage patch doll in this pic?
- I got him his own straw sippy cup so he would leave my water bottle alone. I really thought he would just chew on it, but the little guy knows how to drink from it like a pro!
- He's obsessed with necklaces, clothes hangers, cords (electrical cords, tubing on my breast pump) and anything electronic.
- We're experiencing a new kind of diaper leak. Up until now, if we had any leaks, it was always out the top of the diaper. Now it's out the legs from being more physically active. Cloth diapers with leg gussets are a favorite now.
- Fully clothed, he weighs about 18 lbs.
We introduced avocado straight out of the skin and he loved it! I kept having to get up and slice more because he just couldn't get enough of it. Makes for a very fast and easy feeding session as there's not much prep. I think I fed him too much though, I swear he was broader, chubbier and heavier due to the high fat content. By the end of the week he was pooping guacamole.
We introduced peaches and it was a no go, but it was out of a jar, so will try again with fresh fruit.
I bought some store baby food just for the jars for food storage. I didn't want to waste the food, so I went ahead and attempted to give it to him. He wanted nothing to do with that processed jar food. I then made him some homemade mixed green beans/carrots/butternut squash and he went nuts over it. I tasted the jar food and I'd have to agree, it's pretty nasty.
Kerry hadn't changed a diaper in awhile so he got quite the surprise when he pulled the diaper off and a ball of poo rolled off, hit the floor and made a thud noise. He then completely caught me off guard with what he said next; "Ya know, with the way you feed him, I bet there's more nutrition in his poop than in that McDonald's burger I just ate". LOL
This week in photos:
This week in video: