But really, can you blame me?
I'm finding we're having to use lots of sleep props to get him to sleep prior to putting him in his crib including rocking, walking and rubbing his head. He's really fighting to get to sleep in our bed. He usually wins, I secretly win too. Time to dig further into the book.
- He gives true meaning to the "big" toe. His big toes are always getting caught on his clothes. Cracks us up! This little piggy went to market, ate all the roast beef and the rest got none, end of rhyme.
- He's so funny when you put a bottle in front of him. He frantically grabs it and attempts to put it in his mouth. He isn't quite coordinated enough and bonks the nipple into his face everywhere but his mouth.
- While changing his dipe, he pulled the cloth cover off of his wee, peed on me and then smiled. The smile was well worth getting peed on.
- He started rolling to his belly during diaper changes. It makes it quite the challenge getting his diaper on, especially if the dipe has snaps. We're reaching for velcro only these days.
- He's really close to being able to get out of his nap nanny and bouncer. Time to lock him down!
- If he gets hungry while Kerry's holding him, he stares at me then reaches for me. I love it!
- For the 1st time ever, he refused a bottle and insisted on the boob. I feel special!
- We got him a jumperoo but he doesn't quite understand how to jump/bounce yet. He spent time checking out every single toy around it thoroughly.
- He's learned the arm position for "up". It's so sweet to walk by him while in his exersaucer and see him look at me and raise both arms. It doesn't matter what I'm off to do, I can't resist picking him up!
- Half of him can crawl now. If I support his upper body, he can get his knees under him and crawl perfectly. We caught his first try on video. Some times he'll push his butt up in the air and trudge with his legs.
- He's starting to push up higher and lifting his chest while on his tummy. He's strengthening those arms and will be crawling in no time.
- He started putting his fingers in our mouths. He hooks us like a fishing hook and pulls. He also grabs our nose which hurts as he uses his finger nails.
- He's such a happy little guy when out in public. He loves getting out and looking at everything.
- I took Ty to the pet store for the 1st time. I showed him birds, ferrets, hamsters, guinea pigs, snakes and fish. His favorite was the fish.
- We took Ty to his first swing dance. We got a dancer on our hands, he LOVES to dance!!! He laughs hysterically and grins at everyone. He was quite the popular guy, definitely didn't display any stranger anxiety and was hamming it up.
- Tyler turned 5 months old on November 23!