- He poops and pees in his potty chair. It's really quite impressive. We just sit him on it and tell him to go potty and if he has to go, he goes. Amazingly he's very patient and will sit there until he goes. I try to give him several potty-tunities a day.
- He likes to pick up and drop his toys over and over again while he sits on the potty.
- For a little guy that can't sit or crawl yet, he sure can get around. He is all over his crib. He rolls, inch worms and climbs the slats sideways as if they were a ladder.
- He started rocking side to side in his exersaucer. I say "Rock it Tyler, Rock it!" and he goes crazy rocking side to side. It's so funny.
- People seem surprised when they ask his age and hear how young he is. They respond with wow, he's big! It must be his long torso plus a cloth diaper.
- I started softly rubbing his face and saying "gentle" whenever he gets unintentionally aggressive with hands, ie pulling hair or scratching my face. He seems to understand as he softens his touch.
- He's getting really good at turning the pages to his books. He seems to understand "Tyler, turn the page".
Daddy surprised Tyler with a visit at lunch time. Tyler lights up when he sees his Daddy.
Kerry loves palming him in the air. Tyler is 8 ft up when Kerry stands. I got a feeling this kid will not have to deal with fear of heights.
This is what I found when I came out of the bedroom, Kerry in the Nap Nanny watching football!
Our little newsboy:
He cracks us up with his squat stance.
- I think I've hit an all new sleep deprivation stage. It's not surprising, I've been getting up 2-3 times in the middle of the night, every night, for almost 6 months straight now. The most sleep I've had in one stretch has been 5 hours and that doesn't happen very often. I'm not complaining because this little guy is worth every second of it, what I am saying is that my brain just doesn't function very well these days. I struggle to finish my sentences and if someone asks me how yesterday went, I sit there looking dumbfounded and say, I don't know, what was yesterday?
- My hair loss has slowed down a little. It probably would slow down even more if Tyler would quit yanking it out.
- I was able to freeze my first bag of breast milk this week! I actually froze 3 bags. This was a huge milestone for a low supply BFing mama. I must have opened the freezer door 20x, looked at that bag and smiled. I know, I'm crazy, but it was such a huge accomplishment. I contribute this to Ty's new routine as I'm now nursing 8 times a day instead of 13.