Well visit @ 15m3d:
- Weight: 21 lbs. 13 oz. (35th %tile)
- Height: 31" (50th %tile) --- He's half of me now!!!
- Head Circumference: 18" (20th %tile)
Tyler had the dr. laughing so hard. She walked in, he looked right at her, reached down, grabbed one side of his cloth diaper velcro and rrrr-rip! Then he grabbed the other side... rrrr-rip! He stood there all naked like, hey lady, check out my goods!
Tyler's not the only funny guy in my house, here's Kerry trying to make an upset Tyler laugh with "Tyler, what does a cow say?"
- He now walks up the stairs on his own using the spindles.
- He can open and close all interior doors.
- He can reach the top of our table/counters (which also means the stove). More baby proofing to be done! We have to make sure we don't leave anything near the edge, ie knives, water glasses, etc. He definitely keeps us on our toes!
- He lifts his leg when he wants up on furniture. He just stands there like a dog peeing.
- He loves riding his 5ft tall stuffed giraffe. Every night before bed he asks to ride Mr. Jaff. I put him on, gallop and yell giddy-up! He hugs Jaff's neck and kicks his legs. He never wants it to end.
- He's obsessed with chairs and will push them all over the house. When we go to the chiro, he steals all the chairs from the kiddie area and pushes them across the building.
- He knows how to unlock, open and close the dishwasher. Removing all of the dishes from the bottom basket is fun!
- He started doing peek-a-boo. He covers his eyes with his hands, book or blanket while we look around saying, "Where's Tyler? Tyler? Where are you?". He cheats so bad, he'll have one eye completely peeking through 2 wide spread fingers, it's so funny! He then removes his and hands and we say "There you are!" and he just grins ear to ear.
- He puts my hand on things he wants. I'll be sitting there and all of a sudden he lifts my hand and puts it on my cell phone. He'll keep putting my hand on the phone until I pick it up.
- He now does the popular "pound it" handshake where you pound fists together. He thinks it's so cool, especially when I add the "explode" after it. If I stop before he's done, he'll pick up my hand and put it in place to pound again.
- He likes to admire works of art. He hovers his hands over things like a container of flowers or a tower I built out of blocks and really admires them while grinning and saying "ohhhh". About then another child will come by and rip up the flowers or knock the tower down.
- He discovered my nose holes. He likes to stick his fingers up them while he's nursing.
- He's starting to point with his index finger vs his whole hand. He points to items in a book when I ask him to.
- We started working on body parts and so far he'll point to his toes and tongue.
- Last month he hated socks, pulled them off and even pulled mine off. Well now he likes socks. He brings me mine and tries to put them on by laying them over my toes.
- Wanting to be held all the time has gone to a whole nuther level. He uses us to get to things he wants like door knobs and light switches.
- He now gives us kisses/hugs when we ask for them. Heart melts!
- He's very possessive of me. If I pick up another child or one sits on my lap, he immediately gets upset, runs over and pulls the child by their ankles or sleeves. If that doesn't work, he slides behind them and pushes them off. He's gentle about it and fortunately doesn't hit or bite, but still not acceptable. When I tell him that we share mama and mama has two legs to sit on, he gives me a serious look and starts signing milk really fast. I guess that's pretty smart of him as he knows milk time is mama and son time.
- He was labeled as a "fusser" by one of the nursery workers. Sadly, she's right, at least when it comes to the nursery. He does not like large groups of children nor likes to be without mama. He will cling to an adult for most of the service. I would love to attend regular play dates to expose him to more children, but all these play dates seem to be during the day ran by stay-at-home-moms. This is the biggest downfall of being a working mom.
- He likes my purse. He carries it around and goes through all the pockets. Amazingly he puts everything back when he's done, most of the time. (my purse doesn't contain any pens, change or meds, so it's safe)
- He loves helping us. He brings us our shoes, helps unload the dishwasher, closes doors, puts items in baskets, brings us printouts off the printer. It just amazes us when we ask him to do something and he does it. We're like wow, he really understands what we're saying!
- His new favorite thing to do in the shower is clean it! He puts a rag in his bucket of water, rings it out, scrubs the floor/walls and repeats. Unbelievable. I took a video of it to show him later when he's a teen.
- He's not always helpful, many times quite the opposite! One of his new favorite things to do is pull all of Kerry's clothes off the hangers.
- He started displaying an interest in his pee/poop. He stares at it and if I'm not quick enough, he'll grab it. Ahhhh!!!
- He has 2 more molars coming in for a total of 3. Molars are the worst! I've had a cranky, needy, fussy, finger chewing toddler on my hands. He refuses to eat and only wants to nurse. He's woke to nurse 3-4x/night for a week on top of his regular all day nursing. I feel like we're back at the newborn stage, except this time I'm working a full-time job. I am so exhausted I can barely function. I wander all over the house wondering what I was looking for. I went to clip his nails and almost felt too weak to squeeze the clippers. How many more molars are to come???
- On October 5th, we celebrated Tyler's 2 year transfer-versary! Ok, we didn't really celebrate because frankly, we totally forgot about it, thanks to previous bullet point.
- He can now bite off food. Oh to not have to cut everything into bite sized pieces! Wonderful!
New foods this month:
- Cottage cheese
- Anything cheese
- Banana with peanut butter on it (yep, he is totally Kerry's kid)
- Cod (his 1st taste of fish)
- Pot roast
He's obsessed with cheese. He points at it every time I open the fridge and signs "more". He reaches and yells for it when he sees it in the grocery store. If the store has cheese out for sampling, he keeps going back for more.
- Snake (sssss)
- Lion/Tiger/Bear - He makes the same growl sound for all.
- Cat (meee)
- Uh oh - He says uh oh every time he or we drop something. He also says uh oh anytime we accidentally leave a baby gate open or a cabinet unlocked. It's so funny, he'll open the gate/cabinet and look at us and say uh oh!
- Banana (naaaaa-na)
- Mama - He surprised us with this one, we weren't even trying to teach it.
- Cheese - He learned this one after only showing him twice, despite it being a more difficult one. I think there was a lot of motivation, the boy love his cheese! Now he signs cheese all day.
- Daddy - He won't say it, but at least he'll sign it!
Tyler says mama constantly. One day we were asking him the usual "Tyler, what does the cow say? What does the monkey say?... insert several animals..." Then Kerry out of the blue said "What does Tyler say?" and Tyler answers "mama". We laughed so hard!
This month in photos:
This month in video: