Thursday, July 24, 2008

IVF#2 - Fertilization Report

Results so far:

19 Retrieved (Wahooo!!!)
12 Mature (Yes Yes Yes!!!)
4 Fertilized (Oh no!!!)

Last Cycle:

10 Retrieved
4 Mature
2 Fertilized
1 Divided slowly, transferred on day 3, didn’t implant

I started the dreaded progesterone injections last night, along with Tetracycline and Medrol. I put drug addicts to shame! They are a 1.5” intra-muscular injection that goes in the boo-tay via hub-bay. I numb up with lidocaine ointment, so it’s really not that bad, but it sure scares the poo out of me, so I have to close my eyes.

Tomorrow I will get a division report telling me how many divided, they should be at 4 cells tomorrow. There must be an egg/sperm quality issue as a 4/12 fertilization rate is very poor. Please pray for my little embies to grow and divide properly. Please pray for strength and peace for me as I wait for that dreaded phone call. I’m trying really hard to not be fearful… but I lost it this morning. I cried so hard I hyper-ventilated and almost threw up. My emotions and fears are compounded by large quantities of hormones, a vasectomy reversal, 2.5 yrs of trying on our own, 2 IVFs, $45,000 and not one pregnancy. I’m doing better now but feel like I’m standing on the edge of a cliff begging for mercy.

My IVF nurse called me to ask how I was feeling. She was trying to get a feel for if I was developing OHSS. So far so good, just cramps and bloating. Then she said my doctor wants to proceed with a fresh transfer this cycle as she doesn’t think my embabies will make it to freeze. Please pray that my uterine lining will accept implantation and that I will finally be blessed with motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Hugs, Kerry and Jill